You can be a Godly Christian and still have evil strongholds. Evil Strongholds can and should be demolished in your life.
How are we set free?
1. Ask the Holy Spirit to show us what the stronghold is, or where the problem is.
2. There has to be a real desire and choice to be delivered from the stronghold, so that you can fully be used by God.
3. There needs to be a genuine humility and repentance.
But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:
‘God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.'” James 4:6, (NKJV)
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9 (NKJV)
4. We need to earnestly turn to the Lord Jesus and call upon the name of the Lord for deliverance. “Jesus, set me free from (whatever the stronghold is)!”
5. We need to cooperate with the Holy Spirit.
Do not quench the Spirit.” 1 Thessalonians 5:19 (NKJV)