But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. Daniel 1:8 NKJV
It’s good and proper for Christians to make resolutions.
1. Let’s all resolve to spend quality time with the Lord every day.
Psalm 1:2, Mark 1:35
2. Let’s resolve to attend all the services of the church.
3. Faithfully give tithes & offerings.
Genesis 14:20, Malachi 3:10-11, 2 Corinthians 9:6
4. Resolve to pray more and pray throughout each day. Let’s pray more for our lost relatives!
1 Thess 5:17, James 5:16
5. Let’s resolve to consistently tell others about Jesus.
Matt 4:19, Acts 8:4, Romans 1:16
6. Let’s resolve to press into the Kingdom MORE.